Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014

Hello family!!

This first part is in reply to mom's message.
Holy Moses! That's crazy to think that football is already over!! Ha I'm glad because I've missed sports here. The most sporty I get is hitting jumps on the bikes.  I gotta stop though because I always have a flat tire and messed up handle bars. Also the corn maze sounded like fun. Ha I hope we can have a little candy or something for Halloween here but prolly not. Its all good tough.

So with the ancestor thing, that's super awesome. Ha I have to print off the pictures so I thought you were just going to email them but I think I can still make them work, thanks. We just need pictures of them and not big ones just a face shot but I can print and cut those so thanks. I'll look on the family history thing too and see what they say about them.

So are there any gardens in Argentina? They have like flowers and then one member family has some trees behind their house that will have fruit but.... No, they have no idea what a real garden is like. It's like Roosevelt but a lot more compact and with just crap whole houses.  I'll see if I can send pics this time.  I bought a little usb thumb drive and also an adapter thing so if the computers will work this time I will get you some. But yeah there is a part of here called Center and it's the shops and stuff and there is a super market there.  Not a ton of options.  So I just get eggs and cereal and yogurt.  The yogurt is really good with the cereal so that's what I eat.  That and pancakes with some jam. Ha I can't wait for good food that I don't have to cook.  Haha mom that's your job.

So with the ebola virus I heard about it before I went into the MTC but yeah nothing after that. That's crazy though! Ha it doesn't surprise me how people get sick though, people are nasty here... Like they lick the spoons when they are cooking and stuff... Yeah hygiene really bugs me. But eh as long as I'm getting fed I don't really care ha 

For Christmas we should get to skype.  We will go to a member's house usually and use their stuff so yeah we will skype.

Oh happy mothers day mom!! Ha yesterday was la dia de madre here in Argentina, so happy mother's day! Guess you get two of them. 

Everything is going good.  I'm making my companion talk to me in Spanish so I can learn it better. He said he thinks I'm catching on fast. I had a hard time the first few weeks because I didn't know how to conjugate but after I studied those I have an easier time.  I don't know Spanish by any means but it's coming better. I can teach all the lessons in Spanish but that's just cause I know the gospel words.  Now it's just small talk and general talk that I'm learning. I guess just real world talk. 

Mission seems like it's going by fast right now. At least while I'm with Elder Biggs.  We are pretty similar ha so we have a good time. Transfers are like the 3rd of November so I hope he gets to finish my training.  We have a couple investigators that are getting close and I'm pretty sure we'll get them baptized so I hope he can stay and help.  Training is for 12 weeks or for 2 transfers so that's why. 

It's crazy how real the devil is. Like he always puts inconveniences in our way. Like a taxi driver that is crazy or like the loudest freaking mopeds in the world drive by during the sharing of the first vision. Ha oh and everyone here drives motor bikes and scooters! Its crazy! well it's about half and half.  They have a bunch of foreign small cars too. Ha all the cars would be perfect for the derby too, they sound like derby cars.

The zone leaders are coming ever tonight and going out with us tomorrow so I'll have a different companion for tomorrow. But then after I'll be with Elder Biggs.

I bought a mate cup and bombilla, idk how to spell them but I got a nice one for a souvenir. 

Mission is going good. Miss all you fellas at home but I'm in the work so it's going good.  Scary how fast it's starting to go.  I'm sure some weeks will be slow but this week was fast.  Oh and I just got done watching Planes. Yeah the Disney movie Planes. After I ate 6 hotdogs.  The hotdogs aren't as filling... I hope ha but I made a work out schedule for me and Biggs cause we are gunna ser guapo.. Be hansome, or what I'd like to think to be sexy but eh we will prolly not make it ha it's pretty tough,

Well good to hear from you.  Keep me updated on the Basin and stuff.  Still don't have any mail just an fyi. But it's all good.

Tell The family hello and talk to you next week.

Te amo mucho y bien tarde 


Elder Lindsay 10

After getting our new dos.
This little dude went with us, he is funny, his name is Fransisco but we call him Fran.

Our Pench.

Our District

Mate cup and bombilla

No comments:

Post a Comment